Meditation practice is a matter of psychology, not magic. Confusion on this point can have insidious (and dumb) consequences.
“Om Ah Hung is the fundamental three-word mantra of Sanskrit consonants, forming the fundamental sound of the numerous lives in the Universe. It shakes away the blockages in the body’s channels, cleansing it of ailments.”
– Discussing the Dharma Door of Chanting The Buddha’s Name, Nan Huai Jin
“Fundamentally, when you meditate, you bring your guard down and the light energy gets in…”
– 9 Scientifically Proven Reasons to Meditate, Thrive Global.com… Read the rest “Here’s a Rant That Nobody Asked For about Meditation and Magical Thinking”
Most people meditate for a long time with little improvement because of these four myths.
- Striving for unusual or one-off experiences
- Misunderstanding non-judgemental awareness
- Thinking that trying to exert any kind of effort in meditation is a mistake
- Extremely vague or unstructured meditation instructions
“I’ve been practicing meditation for a few years, but I still can’t keep my attention on my breath for more than a few seconds at a time.… Read the rest “I Wasted 8 Years of Meditation Because I Didn’t Understand These 4 Things”